Saturday, 3 October 2009

Basic Grey Guest DT card


I'm really chuffed to be joining the wonderful DT of Basic Grey Challenges as a guest designer for the month of October! That means that I'll be making 3 cards for them!!
The first follows the super sketch by Martine and I used it to make a Wedding Anniversary card for my brother to give to his wife.
I've used gorgeous pink and lime Basic Grey (!) paper teamed up with pink DP from Papermania's Blueberry Hill.
The image is "Orchid" from my own range A Passion for Stamps (found in the sidebar) and is coloured with Promarkers.I know I always use Promarkers but I really love them and the different shades you can get by shading.
I got a new Cuttlebug embossing folder and as it has hearts on it, I just had to use it for this one.
I've also used my Dovecraft heart border punch along the bottom of the computer generated sentiment and added some flat backed pearls.
The two little X's at the top are actually made with a miniature alphabet punch set which I bought ages ago in Banana Bookshop.
Well,that's one down and two to go!!
I feel like starting the next card now!!
See you soon,Ruth

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic Card Ruth, congraulations on your DT post enjoy, looking forward to seeing your other creations. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ruth! Your card is elegant and beautiful. I look forward to more of your cards at BasicGrey challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ya Ruth

    Thank you so much for being our Guest for October, so lovely to have you with us on the team.

    Your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love the BG papers you have used and your gorgeous image. I love ProMarkers too and use them all the time now. I agree, they are such fantastic colours especially the new ones !

    See ya next time !

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ruth,
    Congratulations on becoming a guest DT. This first card is certainly a beauty. I look forward to seeing the others.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and one of my favoutite stamps too, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Ruth, congratulations on being Guest DT member!

    ReplyDelete